Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 17 January 2017

Water colour back drops

Happy Tuesday.  Hope you're week has started well.


I have another card using the Lawn Fawn Critters Ever After set to share with you today.

This one has the dragon lighting the birthday candle for his friend, who I think is a griffin.


I coloured these mythical friends using Copic markers and added them to a water coloured background.


I made this using Zig markers, a water bottle, a piece of acetate and some water colour paper. I used Aqua fine smooth from Daler Rowney.   If you've never tried this I urge you to give it a go.

Take a water colour pen or distress ink and scribble on the acetate.  Spritz with water until it's good and wet, then dab onto some water colour paper.  Allow to dry.  
You can do multiple colours at once but I find it works best one colour at a time.  Usually I make a couple of backgrounds from each colour.


I hope you like my card and that you'll give this technique a try.

TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!