Shabby Blogs

Thursday 12 January 2017

With thanks

Good morning all, I hope you are having a good week and looking forward to the weekend. Today's card is one I made for a lovely friend at work, to say thank you for having my back.


 To cut a very long story short, in December, I was given a month's notice at work to either  find another job within the Council, or leave. I had worked there for 2 1/2 years, but my contract wasn't permanent, so there wasn't a lot I could do. To be honest I sort of lost all fight when it became clear that there was no chance of staying with my current team. But my lovely friend and team manager wouldn't let it go, and made a formal complaint on my behalf. Now, with her help, many sleepless nights, and a lot of tears, it looks like I will be moving to another job within the Council next week. 😊


Anyway, I used the WPlus9, Beautiful Bouquets - Ranunculus stamp, heat embossed with Simon Says Stamp fine detail white embossing powder.


First I put a piece of double sided tape across the card before I stamped the image. Then once the image was heat set, I pulled off the tape backing and added some gold foil. I ended up adding another layer of tape and more foil to even it out, but it did work well in the end.


I coloured the flowers with Copic markers and then used the sentiment stamp that comes with the image and stamped it with Jet Black Archival ink.


I cut the sentiment down to fit across the foil but still leave some showing, and then finished the card off with an orange base and a few gold and pale orange sequins.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!