Shabby Blogs

Monday 13 February 2017

More than all the stars in the sky

Good morning folks, I hope you have had a good weekend. Today is a difficult day for us as it's the anniversary of losing Dad. It is just so hard to believe that 3 years have gone so quickly since he left us. But, we went out for a meal as a family yesterday, as he would have wanted us too, and today we will go to his spot in the cemetery and probably stand in the rain while he laughs at us lol.


Anyway, this card is one I made a few weeks ago, but the sentiment couldn't be more fitting for today. This is from the Mama Elephant Shooting Star stamp set and was stamped with black pigment ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.


The background is watercolour card and I used a Stampin Up background stamp called, Watercolour Wash.


I used three different colours of Distress Ink to cover the stamp with, then I spritzed the stamp with water before stamping it on to the card.


I heat set the background before stamping the sentiment, and then I used more stamps from the Shooting Star set to stamp some background images and heat embossed them with silver embossing powder.


Then I used my Sizzix layered star dies to cut the stars, and added a die cut 11 to the centre, as this card was for an 11th Birthday.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!