Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 7 March 2017

DIY Wall Art

Good morning all, I hope you are having a good week. Since we had the living room decorated a couple of weeks ago, I have been looking for some ideas for art work. I didn't want anything too big and I really wanted to do something myself.


So after trawling Pinterest for a while and making myself a board with all living/dining room ideas on, I finally set to work this weekend and had a go.


I used a magazine freebie feather stamp for this and stamped it with Altenew Dye inks in grey and yellow, and then added the little sentiment underneath.


This was a free text printable that I'd had for some time, so I popped it into my photo editing software and gave it a sun frame and a grey background. Then I printed it as a 7 x 5 photo, and popped it in one of the white frames that I already had.  


This final one was again made with a couple of magazine freebie stamps. This time I stamped the images with Versamark ink and then with dark grey Altenew ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. Then I layered the image with mustard card and used a scrap of leftover wallpaper for the background. (Excuse the chipped frame, didn't realise how badly it stood out until I saw the photo's lol.)


What do you think? I'm quite happy with them, and because they didn't cost me anything but a bit of time, I can easily change them when I get fed up lol 😉.

Hope you have a great week, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx


1 comment:

  1. Oh these are amazing hun they look fab hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!