Shabby Blogs

Monday 8 May 2017

Beautiful Hydrangeas

Good morning all, I hope you have had a good weekend. We have had a busy one again, as we are currently giving the kitchen a makeover, so lots of hard work and still lots to do!!! But we did get out with the dogs yesterday and had a lovely walk through the local woods, which at this time of year are particularly beautiful.


Right, today's card is made with a new stamp set that I was lucky enough to win from Marianne Designs. This one is called Tiny's Hydrangea, and I also won, Tiny's Tulips, Roses and Gerberas. They are all layering sets, aren't I lucky? and also very, very grateful 😊.


I used Altenew Crisp Dye inks in Shades of Purple to stamp the flowers. Firstly directly on to the card front, and then two more on to another piece of card so I could cut them out.


The leaves are also stamped with Altenew inks, this time using colours from the Green Fields set. 


I hand cut the two top flowers and then raised them on foam pads for a bit of dimension.


Then I heat embossed a sentiment on to white card, and then inked over it with Wilted Violet Distress Oxide Ink.


A scattering of purple sequins was all it needed to finish it off.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!