Shabby Blogs

Friday 2 June 2017

Die cut flower layering

It's Friday at last.  I'm looking forward to a crafty weekend.


This card uses a technique I saw demonstrated by Jennifer McGuire.


Simply take nesting dies and cut from toning shades of card.  By layering the biggest die on the top and smallest on the bottom it creates a neat pattern.


I used X-cut flower dies and shades of purple card.

To add more texture I ran the top sheet through an embossing folder.  This had the bonus of adding a sentiment too.


To finish off I cut a sentiment from gold mirror card, and added this to the flower aperture.  I also added a number 5 in the same gold card. 


Quite a simple card but lining up each die cut layer took a while.  I think the finished result was worth it though.  What do you think?


TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!