Shabby Blogs

Thursday 3 August 2017

Gold on burgundy

Hello again.

Recently I was thinking of techniques I hadn't tried or ideas for ones to revisit.  I had seen several cards that had embossing on dark card so I went looking for examples.  Unfortunately I couldn't find any that I liked enough to copy :(  

In the end I decided just to give it a go and see what happens.  This example worked out okay, although I probably won't send it to anyone.  


I think it's good to play around and try out different techniques, especially when you don't mind if the end product isn't perfect. 

 You never know you might find a great new way to use products, and you have nothing to lose except a bit of time and a few materials.


For this example I used a 5 x 3 burgundy card blank and gold embossing powder.  The stamp set is from Verve and is called Hundred Hearts.  It has some lovely sentiments and this gorgeous heart border.

I stamped with Versamark ink and used Cosmic Shimmer fine detail embossing powder in bright gold.


I'm quite pleased with the finished product and I might use it as a gift tag, or even a bookmark, as it isn't too big.

Hope you like it too.  TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!