Shabby Blogs

Thursday 5 October 2017

Distress ink backgrounds

Good morning folks, I'm afraid it's more of the Christmas cards from me again today. But as we don't have any family birthdays in October or November, it's a really good time for us to make a head start on them.


Followers of Jennifer McGuire's blog, will no doubt recognise the technique on these cards, as the one Jennifer shared on her blog a couple of weeks ago. I really liked it so though I would give it a go.


I used a silhouette deer stamp from a copy of Creative Stamping magazine, from last year. I inked it with Archival Jet Black ink and then stamped it on to two white panels.


Then I masked off the top and bottom of the panels with Post-It tape and blended some of the new Distress Oxide inks together to create the colourful backgrounds. I used Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserve and Worn Lipstick for the pink one.


Then I used Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers and Fossilized Amber for the blue/green one. I wasn't happy with how it dulled my black silhouettes, so I coloured them with my Versamark pen and then heat embossed them with Clear Embossing Powder.


I added a Christmas sentiment, with Archival ink and then Versamark over the top and then heat embossed this too.


Then I added a strip of glittery Washi Tape to the bottom of the panels and put them on to coordinating card blanks. To finish them off I added small dots of White Blizzard, Nuvo Glitter Drops to the backgrounds and left them to dry overnight.


Hope you like them, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!