Shabby Blogs

Friday 13 October 2017

‘‘Tis the season


Good morning all, Friday at last! I hope you have some nice plans for the weekend. We are off to see our grandsons tomorrow, as they are performing in a Street Dance Show tomorrow evening. 😊


Today's card was a bit of an experiment. We have a pack of 4 x 4 card blanks, that I thought I may be able to make use of for Christmas Cards, so I was looking for an image that would be proportionate to the card.


I came across this tree image from a recent copy of Creative Stamping magazine. I knew I wanted to heat emboss the snow, but I wondered whether I could heat emboss the tree too.


I gave it a try and heat embossed the tree with Bright Gold embossing powder, then I stamped the snow with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with White embossing powder.


The second layer of embossing does sit on the first layer slightly differently to on the card base, but I do think for an image like this it's OK. So I stamped a sentiment in black ink, cut the panel down to size and added it to my card blank.


A really quick and simple card, that could be reproduced in no time.

Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!