Shabby Blogs

Friday 24 November 2017

May Your Season be Merry

Good morning folks and happy Friday, I hope you have had a good week and are looking forward to a nice weekend.


Today's card has a bit of everything thrown at it. I knew I wanted to make a scene with the greeting cut into the middle, but the rest was anybody's guess lol. 


I started with a piece of white card 6 x 4 inches, and cut a circle into the middle using an MFT Zig Zag Stitched Circle die. Then using another piece of the same card I put this behind the circle cut out and stamped the wreath and sentiment.


These stamps are from a set we got last Christmas from a crafty magazine, the set is called: Woodland Winter stamp and embossing folder set.


I used the embossing folder to emboss the trees, then I inked them using the matching stamp and Altenew Crisp Dye inks from the Coffee Break set. I wasn't thrilled with the result so I used Copic Markers in similar shades to give them a bit more coverage, before I masked them and used Distress Oxide ink in Faded Denim for the background.


As I wanted a little more detail on the card, I used a couple of my small Cut and Make dies and cut some holly and berries from white card, and a little reindeer from Neenah Desert Storm card.


I coloured the holly and berries with inks and Copic Markers and then added some Wink of Stella glitter pens in green and red for a bit of shimmer. For the reindeer, I cut him 3 times and stacked them together, then inked him with Distress Oxide inks and added the compulsory red nose with red Wink of Stella Glitter Pen.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!