Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 14 November 2017

Playing in the snow

Good morning folks, I hope you are having a good start to the week. I had a bit of a play with inky backgrounds last week and today's card uses one of them.


I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks in Salty Ocean, Picked Raspberry, and Faded Denim, to blend a sort of wintry night background, onto watercolour card.


Then using a star stencil and Picket Fence Distress Ink, I added in some stars too.


For the main images I used a couple of dies that came free with issue 168 of Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine. I cut them using the same Watercolour card and then inked them again with the Distress Oxide inks.


I laid everything out onto a pale blue card blank and decided how high I wanted the images to come and then trimmed them at the bottom. As I was adding a sentiment to the bottom layer, I stamped that first before adding it onto the card using foam tape.


The sentiment is a Lawn Fawn Winter Scripty Sayings stamp, stamped with Jet Black Archival ink. I finished the card with a few drops of Nuvo Snow Blizzard Crystal Drops, and the odd bit of clear Wink of Stella.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!