Shabby Blogs

Friday 12 January 2018

Paint it pink

Over the past few weeks I have used a lot of Christmas stamps and I was looking for a change.  Looking through the stash I came across some lovely papers and decided to try and create something with them.


This paper was in a Simon Says Stamp card kit.  I loved the soft colours and decided to use it just as it was.

I cut a panel slightly narrower than a 4.25" card and added black borders to lift it from the pink card base.


I cut a sentiment from pink card and again from black, then layered them together.  I was going to have this as my only sentiment but decided to add another birthday banner underneath.


For some extra texture I used liquid pearls in ebony on the paper and snow blizzard Nuvo drops on the banner.


I like how the sentiments pick out the colours of the paper, without covering it up too much.

I might try this with some of the other gorgeous papers we possess.  I'll let you know if they work out okay 😉

TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!