Shabby Blogs

Thursday 22 February 2018

Hippo Birdie

Good morning all, I hope you are having a good week. Today's card is one I made for a friend a couple of weeks ago. Apologies for the rubbish photos, but I had to take them at night time, so the lighting was awful lol.


I went back to an old Lawn Fawn stamp Set, called Hippo Birdie. This is still one of my favourites, and is so simple to colour.


I stamped the scene with Tuxedo Black Memento ink, and then coloured the images with Copic Markers. Then I cut the scene out with a Lawn Fawn Stitched Square die.


I wanted to keep the rest of the card very simple, so I found a woodgrain paper from the stash and cut this out with the Avery Elle Wonky Stitched Ellements die


Then I stamped the sentiment and used a slim rectangle die to cut it out. I didn't have a die exactly the right size, so a little tip is to cut the sentiment with a longer die, then put the die cut piece back in the die, placing the end of the die where you want the piece to finish. As long as you sit the stitched pieces back in the grooves of the die, you can't tell that you have cut it twice.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!