Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 17 April 2018

Hoppy Birthday

Good morning all, I hope you are having a good start to the week. I have had a nice long weekend off work, which was very welcome and much needed. But alas all good things must come to an end, and I'm back to work tomorrow lol.


Anyway today's card was made using a bit of a mixture of things. I started by using post it notes to die-cut my frog, from the Lawn Fawn Critters Ever After set, and a flower shape, to use as masks in the middle of my panel.


Then I stamped my little frog, and masked him while I blended a light area around him using Distress Oxide Inks, and Picket Fence Distress Ink. 


I covered a lot of this area with my flower shape mask, and blended the rest of the panel, making it a lot darker than the middle so it looks more murky pond like, lol.


I removed the masks and coloured my little frog with Copic markers and then added a border around his lily pad with a white gel pen. Using small fish stamps from an old magazine set, I used Versamark ink and clear heat embossed the fish and bubbles so they looked like they were under water.


Then I added a couple of white heat embossed sentiments on black card, and mounted it all on to a black note card, before adding a few clear dewdrops to finish.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!