Shabby Blogs

Thursday 4 August 2016

Cuddly cat

I scheduled this post before my operation so hopefully that went well and this will post properly!

For my birthday Jen and the family bought me some stamps and dies I have been wanting for a while - Cuddly Critters from Simon Says Stamp.  I finally got round to stamping and colouring some of these adorable little chubby animals.


I decided to make this cute cat the focus of my card and kept the rest very simple.  I used my Gansai Tambi watercolours to create the background and mounted it on a lilac card base.


The balloons are a cut with a Paper Smooches die and stamped with mini messages from Mama Elephant.  I then added glossy accents to them.  I was a bit heavy handed with this and they took ages to dry!  (Note to self: be a bit more sparing with the glossy accents lol!)


They did turn out quite well though.  I used some twine to create strings for the cat to hold.  I then sliced around his paw and stuck the tails underneath, so he can hold them tightly.


Hope you like it.  TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!