Shabby Blogs

Thursday 11 April 2013

Peaches and Cream....

That's what this card reminds me of! I know I'm a bit barmy but it does lol.
 
Anyway good morning all. Jen back again today. I've been meaning to ask for a while now, what do you think to the new look of the blog???? I love it, many thanks to Shabby Bloggs :o)) and did you see the badge on the left? I won my first challenge over at Passion for Promarkers challenge blog for my Rose Red card :o)) yippee.
 
Right on to today's card. This is Easter Dress from Saturated Canary, I know I'm a bit addicted lol, but her images are great.  
 
 
I started with the image and coloured her with Promarkers and Flexmarkers. I added bits of glitter here and there with a silver glitter roller pen. Then I drew an oval shape around her and cut her out by hand. I inked around the edge with Dried Marigold Distress Ink and layered this on to a piece of Coredinations card in a matching peach colour.
 


 

Next I found a couple of pieces of patterned paper and cut them to fit an 8x8 scalloped card blank. Where they joined I added a piece of spotty ribbon.
 

I placed the topper to the left side and then made a rosette for the right. I have had this die for about a year, my lovely sis Jude gave it to me and I haven't used it until now!!! Once it was assembled I gave it a quick rub over with the Dried Marigold ink too. I had a small piece of the spotty ribbon left so I cut it in half and added it to the back. Then I put a ready made birthday sentiment on the front.
 
 
Next I cut a couple of butterflies from an old book page and layered them together with a few pearls for the head and body, and to make a little trail behind it. 

 
I finished the card with a little bow in the top right corner and another pearl.

 
What do you think? Hope you like it.
 
Thanks for stopping by, see you soon.
 
 
xxx
 
 
I would like to enter this card in to the following challenges:
 
Stamp 'n' Doodle Challenge - 10th April - Design Team Member - Jill's Challenge - 'Bow's and Butterflies' : http://stamp-n-doodle.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/stamp-n-doodle-challenge-10th-april.html
 
One Stop Craft Challenge- Challenge 223 - Birthdays: http://onestopcraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/challenge-223-birthdays.html

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi, your card is wonderful, the colours are lovely, peaches and cream set the whole card off.

    Thank you very much for sharing your card with us here at Stamp 'n' Doodle and the best of luck.

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, thanks for joining in this weeks OSCC xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card with lovely colors. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp n doodle. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!