Shabby Blogs

Monday 16 March 2015

For my Mum

Good morning all.  
Yesterday was Mother's Day here in the UK.  We celebrated all the mummies in the family by going out to eat so none of them had to cook! Lol!

As a family we spend a lot of time together. Our parents raised us with lots of family around and we spent holidays with our aunts, uncles and cousins as well as with our grandparents.  It is something Jen and I continued with our children, who were lucky to know their great grandparents.  It is unsurprising to us that our children are raising their families in the same way.  Having spoken to many friends I realise it is really quite unusual for an extended family like ours to be so close, and for this I am extremely thankful.  I truly believe that the main reason we are so close is the values instilled in us all by our parents and grand parents.


So today's post is dedicated to all Mum's but in particular my Mum.  She keeps us all in our place but we know she loves us and would do anything for us.  Since we lost Dad last year she has amazed us all with her courage and spirit.  I am in awe of how she has coped and made a life for herself after almost 50 years as a couple.  If I am half the mother to my children that she is to me then I will have done a good job.  

She does occasionally drive me crazy but I couldn't imagine my life without her.
I love you Mum! Hope you like your card.


TTFN Jude xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!