Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 28 June 2017

Monster hugs

Hello again 👋

Today's cards were again inspired by the fabulous Jennifer McGuire.


Recently on her blog [here] she created multiple cards using small stamp sets.  One of the designs was a simple flag banner with a character and sentiment.  I decided to do something similar.


I used the Lawn Fawn Monster Mash set to stamp one of the images and a sentiment on several pieces of white card.


I cut these with a flagged die then coloured the images with Copic markers.

I cut a mask from sticky notes and placed it over the image, before inking over it lightly with Distress Oxide to create a haze around the monster.


Some of these didn't work as well as the first two cards, so I decided to ink the whole piece and add water splashes for some interest.


I added some pearl drops to the eyes and Nuvo drops to the backgrounds, before sticking my cute little monsters on to matching card and a 4.25 x 5.5 card base.


I love how I got so many different effects from one stamp and sentiment.

TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!