Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 31 October 2017

Faux Shaker

Good morning all, and Happy Halloween. I hope you had a good weekend and are having a good start to the week. Unfortunately there was no blog yesterday as our craft room was unusable due to working on the kitchen again at the weekend. Why is it that when you do anything with the kitchen the whole house ends up a mess????? 

Anyway, we did treat ourselves on Sunday by going out for lunch and 
 then to the cinema to see Thor. Chris Hemsworth, need I say more?😊.


Right, on to today's card, this one is a faux shaker, using printed acetate instead of sequins or beads. I used the small Snowglobe Die from Clearly Besotted, and a Simon Says Stamp Circle Christmas Greeting stamp, which I stamped on dark blue card and then dusted over with Mica Powder.


Then I added a circle of pre printed acetate to give it the look of a shaker card, but without any of the depth or weight for posting.


For the background I used a piece of pale blue textured card and then a dark blue mat, which was cut out with a Lawn Fawn, Stitched Squares die.


The smaller square was an off cut I had left from a stamped background I had made using Distress Inks and a snowflake stamp.


Then I added some sequin snowflakes and a Britannia die cut sentiment.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!