Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 25 October 2017

Merry & Bright

Good morning all and happy Wednesday. I hope you are all having a good week. Today's card was an experiment after watching another of Jennifer McGuire's video's, on how to do a form of Letterpress.


I decided to give it a go using three different sizes of snowflake dies. For this technique, you cut each of the snowflakes 3 times from heavy weight card, then once from plain vellum. Then you glue them all together and this is what makes your letterpress image.


I used the very pale blue ink from the Altenew Cool Summer Night ink set, which is called Sea Glass. I applied it to the vellum side of the snowflakes and then laid them on a piece of watercolour card.


You then run these through the die cutting machine using an embossing sandwich and the stacked snowflakes press into the card and leave the inked image behind.


I must admit I was really dubious about getting it to work for me, but it did work lovely, so I will definitely be doing more. I added a sentiment from the latest Simon Says Stamp kit, and heat embossed it with Bright Silver embossing powder. 


Then I cut the panel out with an MFT Stitched Rectangle die and added it to a blue note card. Then to finish it off I added a few drops of Sea Mist Nuvo Jewel Drops. 


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!