Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Tissue Box

Good morning, hope all is well with you.

Do you remember the tissue box that I picked up a couple of months ago to decorate. I got as far as putting some jewels on the top and then sort of lost interest lol. Well I've eventually finished it. Hurrah!!!!

I started covering the top in loads of flat backed jewels, sticking them on with silicone glue. Then I covered all four sides and the bottom with a different piece of paper from the same range. This one is butterfly garden by Wild Rose Studios.

Then it just sort of sat on my desk for a few weeks as I couldn't for the life of me think what to do with it. But eventually the other night I decided enough was enough and to just get on and put something on it lol.

 So as I already had some dies out from card making I decided to use those and the fact that they fitted with the paper was a big help lol.

 All of the dies are from the Die'Sire range, they are Butterfly, Romantic Song Frame and Picket Fence. I just used co-ordinating papers from the same pack and some white and Kraft card.
For the top I coloured around the edge with Promarkers and then added some pink adhesive lace. To finish it off I added the phrase to the front.

Now as this blog is also about catastrophes I really should show you one of the sides which went horribly wrong lol. I bought some flowersoft recently and I haven't used it yet so I thought it would be a good idea to try it on this! Wrong, I should have tried it on card first before I did something where it wont come off lol. I used another die from the Die'sire range, called Leaf Swirls, now the die it's self is lovely but not when I get near it with the Flowersoft lol.
 
Anyway lesson learnt and as there is only me that has to look at it, it won't bother anyone else lol.

So that's all from me today and please be gentle about the catastrophe, I am very sensitive lol. :o))

See you soon
Jen
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!