Shabby Blogs

Thursday 10 October 2013

Canvas part two

You may remember a canvas I started quite a while back for my son's new home.  Since I took this picture I have layered some Ferro through a brickwork stencil in two of the corners, and added a small square canvas with an owl embellishment which Jen made in the Melt Pot.
I keep intending to finish this and take it to the house, but I never seem to get round to actually doing it!  This week I decided to knuckle down and make another piece which continues the owl theme.  This is what I came up with.
I took a 7x5 canvas board, painted it with cream acrylic and edged it with black paint and silver gilt wax.  The owl is a topper from a Hunkydory set and the sentiment is from the same sheet I used for my tag a few days ago.
Once these were adhered to the board I dry brushed some red and silver metallic paints over the top to pick out some of the colours in the owl image.  To finish off I added some Frantage glitter and paint chips.  These take some careful handling otherwise the heat gun blows them straight off of the board.
I'm pleased with the result and will decide where to place it on the main canvas once I have decided what else to add.  Jen is also making something to add on but I'm sure she will share that herself.
TTFN Jude xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!