Shabby Blogs

Friday 7 February 2014

For the boys

Hello again.  Hope you are keeping well.

Following my attempts at birthday cards for my nephews, I decided I needed more practice at doing something suitable for masculine cards.  I was browsing Pinterest to steal borrow ideas, when I came across these cards at nicolederendorf.com.  Nicole is a Stamping Up demonstrator in Australia and I really like what she has done here.

Masculine Cards Set

We have a few stamps and papers from a Papermania set called Chronology that we don't often use, and these cards made me want to pull them out.  I took my inspiration from the bottom right card above and came up with this.


What do you think?


I stamped a couple of different backgrounds on some Studio Calico paper using rich cocoa and royal blue pigment inks.  I then stamped my cogs and clock and cut these out.  I stamped a second set of cogs in blue, cut out the central element and decoupaged it onto the first image.  I also drew over the clock face with a blue pen to highlight the numerals.


I stamped Happy Birthday on to plain white stamping card and hand cut two pennants.  These were curled over my bone folder to give more dimension and I placed them at the top and bottom.  Everything was inked with Old Paper Distress Ink.


The piece was mounted on to blue card stock, some blue twine wrapped around and the whole piece added to a 5 x 7 card blank.  The clock face was added last with some silicone glue to raise it above the twine.

I like how this turned out and hope you do too.  TTFN Jude xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!