Shabby Blogs

Thursday 9 March 2017

Wood Pallet Background

Good morning all, I hope you are having a good week. Today's card is one of the ones that I made for family members to send to my brother for his birthday last week.


I used one of our recently new background stamps called Mini Scenery Multi Grain, by Winnie and Walter. I stamped it twice onto plain white card using Versamark ink, and then heat embossed it with white embossing powder.


Then I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Weathered Wood to blend across the top of the embossing. This gave it a lovely worn look and I really love the colour blue/grey.


I decided to team it with a couple of Lawn Fawn dogs from their Critters at the Dog Park set. I didn't stamp them this time, just cut the silhouettes out of dark grey card.


The balloons are cut using the WPlus9 Whole Lotta Happy dies, and softly coloured with Copic markers. Then I used white string on the balloons and a tiny piece of red string to tie them together. 


I finished the card off with a heat embossed simple sentiment from the Clearly Besotted Happy Birthday set, cut with an MFT Stitched Banner die.

Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you next week.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!