Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 1 March 2017

You mean the world to me

Good morning all, can you believe it's March already ?? I also cannot believe that my baby brother is 37 today 😲, where does the time go lol. 


Today's card is one I made for my brother from Mum, (I added the Son sentiment after taking the photo's).


I used a new background stamp for this card from Hero Arts, called Map of the World BG. I stamped it with Versamark ink and then heat embossed it with White Fine Detail Embossing Powder from Simon Says Stamp.


I wanted the card to look aged, a bit like an old map, so I used Distress Inks in, Vintage Photo, Antique Linen and Tea Dye, and blended them all over the embossed image.


Then I stamped a sentiment from an old Creative Expressions stamp set, onto Kraft card, heat embossed it with the same white powder and then spent ages trying to decide where to put it !


In the end I decided to cut the sentiment up and spread it across the map. 


Then I added the whole thing to a Kraft card blank and it was all finished.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!