Shabby Blogs

Monday 24 April 2017

Pencil Coloured Dahlias

Good morning all, I hope you have had a good weekend. Did you get much time to be crafty? I managed to squeeze in a couple of cards this weekend, this is one of them.


I stamped the WPlus9 Beautiful Bouquets - Dahlias stamp on to black card using Versamark ink. Then heat embossed it with fine detail white embossing powder. 


Then I used Spectrum Noir coloured pencils to colour it. I have wanted to try this technique for ages but never got around to it, and I am really happy with the results. The pencils give a lovely soft effect on the black card, but also really stand out.


I wanted to add a bit more interest to the background so added a few sprays of Frost Sheer Shimmer Spritz, by Imagine Crafts. 


This gives a lovely fine spray, but I wanted something a little bit heavier. So I sprayed some on to my glass mat, then flicked it over the background using a water brush, to give me the heavier drops.


The sentiment is from the Mama Elephant - Organic Blooms set. I stamped it with Grape Jelly Memento ink, and then raised the strip on foam tape across the bottom of my card.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!