Shabby Blogs

Wednesday, 25 February 2015

A rescued cushion cover

Good morning, hope you are all having a good week. 

Today's project was a bit of a 'give it a try, nothing to lose' sort of thing. 

I ordered a cushion cover for D and Staci for when they got married, but when it came, the name was missing. Needless to say I was more than a little disappointed, but I thought that somehow I would be able to rescue it.

 I thought about using die cut letters but thought they wouldn't stay on very well, and I'm not great with a sewing machine, so I decided to stamp the name using a solvent ink. 

But when I looked through all of the crafty stash, we didn't have an alphabet stamp set that was big enough for what I wanted. Then I saw something on line about making your own stamps with fun foam and a die.

So I dug out our Xcut alphabet die set, which has letters approx 1 inch tall. Then I cut them out of some coloured fun foam. 

When I had the letters I needed, I stuck them to my stamp press and inked them up and tried them on scrap card first. 

I had to fiddle about with them a bit until I was happy with the line up but I got there eventually lol. Then I went for it and stamped on to the cushion front, using a craft sheet inside, so that the ink didn't go through. Then I heat set it with my heat gun. 

I think it turned out OK, and at least they can use it now. Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!