Shabby Blogs

Friday 13 January 2017

Inlays

Happy Friday everyone - even if it is the unlucky 13th!
  Are you looking forward to the weekend as much as I am?


The idea for my card today came again from Jennifer McGuire and the inlay technique she has used on several projects.  
I wanted to try it with a sentiment die and a shape, so I went with this happy birthday die in a circle.


I first cut the circle and then the word.  
I cut the word a second time in red and then just pieced it back together.  
I made sure to keep the small areas from the die cut so I could fill in the background area.
I then multi-cut the nephew sentiment and stacked them for some dimension.


For the background I repeat stamped a sentiment in Altenew's Arctic Blue dye ink and added the number 11  in red.  This card is for my nephew's 11th birthday later this month.

Hope you like it.  TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!