Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 18 January 2017

Shirt and Tie event

Good morning all, I hope you're week is going well. 


Today's card is one I made for a young man who celebrated his 91st birthday last year! A call went out via Instagram for help in making 91 cards for Pop's birthday. So I offered to send one over to the states to help.


We have had this shirt and tie wooden stamp since I first started crafting, 6 years ago. It was in one of the bundles of goodies I bought on Ebay when I was first getting started. But as with all the wood mounted stamps, it sits in a cupboard and doesn't get used.


But I thought a nice shirt and tie would suit a sprightly 91 year old. So I stamped the image a couple of times. Once on a teal patterned paper and then on plain white card. 


Then I cut them out and put some of the white on top of the patterned paper to give a different collar and cuff and I coloured the tie with a matching Copic Marker.


I added a few black gems in a couple of different sizes to the button holes on the pocket, cuff and collar, to make the shirt as smart as possible.  


Then I stamped two sentiments using Jet Black Archival ink. I turned one into a tag and stamped the other on to the card background.


The background was cut with the Avery Elle Wonky Ellements die and I even made a tiny coat hanger from a gold coloured paperclip and made a couple of slits in the back of the shirt to hang it through.


I hope you like it, Pops did. Take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!