Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 19 September 2017

Congrats Mr and Mrs

Good morning folks, I hope you are having a good start to the week. I have successfully managed to pick up the cold and cough that Jude and John brought home from New Zealand with them! Which wasn't great when we were at a wedding last Thursday and I had to try and suppress the cough all the way through the ceremony 😓😥. Who said that brothers and sisters always had to share?????


Right, now that I have finished moaning, today's card is the one I made for the Bride and Groom. The beautiful bride is Alan's great niece Sammy, so we travelled down to Bedford for a couple of nights to attend the wedding and catch up with 1 of Alan's brothers and his sisters.


For the card I used a linen heavy weight white card and used a Sizzix scalloped heart die to cut an aperture in the front. Then I used the X-Cut Floral Filigree Background die on plain white card, and cut the panel down to sit behind the aperture.


In our paper stash we had this off-white and pink piece of 6x6 card which came with a Simon Says Stamp kit, and the pink was in the shape of a heart! perfect.


I popped this all together and layered it with a piece of coral pink card, and then placed it all on a 7 x 7 card blank. Then I cut the sentiments twice each using the white linen card and the coral pink card. I used double sided sticky tape and stuck them together slightly offset, so that you could see the pink layer behind. 


The Congrats is a Clearly Besotted die and the Mr & Mrs are from the Crafters Companion DieSire range.


I then raided the flower box and squeezed on as many matching flowers as I could, and even twirled a few stems for the curly bits lol.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!