Shabby Blogs

Thursday 24 September 2015

Male 30th birthday card

Good morning all, hope you are having a good week. Today's card is one I made last month for a friend of my son's who turned 30.


I didn't have a clue what to use for the card, but I was reliably informed that he likes motor bikes. Well I didn't have a motor bike stamp but I do have a scooter stamp so that's what he got lol. 


The Scooter and sentiment stamps are from Crafters Companion and are part of the Camden Town Male set. I stamped the scooter with Versamark ink and then heat embossed it with Seafoam White embossing powder.


The 30 is made by stamping Owens ABC's from Lawn Fawn with Jet Black Archival on to red card and then cutting them out with the corresponding dies. 


I used an 8 x 8 blank card for the base and then layered black, red and grey card on the front, finishing off with a white top layer, which I cut an oval aperture in. Then I sat the scooter image behind it. 


I used another stamp from the same set to stamp the tyre tracks and then replicated this on the inside of the card with Washi Tape and an inner paper.


Then I used a Simon Says Stamp set to stamp a sentiment in the centre. 


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!