Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 1 September 2015

Salt technique card

Good morning all and happy September!!

I have been wanting to try the salt technique I have seen used on several craft projects, so I gave it a go last week on one of Alan's birthday cards.


This card uses Lawn Fawn 'critters' stamps and dies, as well as an MFT word die.


The technique is quite simple and you can get differing effects quite easily.  Take a piece of watercolour paper and liberally apply watercolour paint.  I used two shades of blue paint and LOTS of water.  While the paper is wet apply the salt (I used table salt and rock salt) then let it dry over night.
Once dry rub the salt off the surface to reveal the effect.  Each piece has a unique pattern and can be used for many things.  I cut this piece down to use as my background.


Hope you like it.

TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!