Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 4 October 2016

Christening dress

Good morning all, I hope you are having a good week and a good start to October.


Today's card is one I made for Jude's youngest Granddaughter Charlotte for her Christening last month. I wanted a card with a Christening dress on, but didn't have a die or stamp so I made one myself.


I used a paper doily for the skirt and folded it until I had the shape I wanted. Then I used a small rectangular piece of white card and used a circle punch to chop out the neck hole and to make the underarm section.


Then I tidied it up with scissors and a corner rounder for the arms. I put it all together with a small pink bow and then decorated it with tiny pearls.


I then used a pearl trim on the bottom of the skirt, around the neck and down the side of the card, after putting it on a pink paper background.


As we don't have stamps for Christenings or Baptism's, I wrote the sentiment on the PC and then printed it onto Safmat. (A clear sticky film which you can print on).


Hope you like it, have a great week and I'll see you Thursday.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!