Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 6 November 2013

Carolling by moonlight

Hello again everyone.  Hope you are warmer than I'm feeling at present.  The cold seems to be seeping into the old bones and I take ages to thaw out.  Oh well only 5 months until Spring lol. 
Today marks two momentous occasions on this little blog - my 150th post and our first Bloggerversary!! Who would have thought it?  I think we've done quite well to blog every single day since day one - it's quite a feat. 
Today I was going to bring you something fitting of the occasion, however we have had a stressful few weeks with a serious family illness and crafting has been low on our priorities. Instead all I managed was another card featuring those Forever Friends bears. We have lots of papers and toppers left over from last year and I am trying to use some of them up.  Unfortunately it is just so tempting to buy some of the lovely new ones, so I will probably have the same issue next year ;)
I took two co-ordinating papers from a Boofle pack and layered them on a 6x6 blank, with a piece of stripy ribbon sandwiched between.  The topper was matted on some green cardstock and added to the right hand side of the blank.
I found a sentiment in a matching colour and a ribbon bow to bring out more of the green in the background. 
 
The buttons were an after thought but the corner needed something so they are what I found out.
What do you think?  TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!