Shabby Blogs

Monday 4 November 2013

Forever Friends

Hello again. Jude with you on this wet and blustery Monday.  According to the weather forecast we should be thankful for rain as we apparently have snow coming soon!!  I love to see the snow but the country grinds to a halt with just a couple of inches.  We really don't have a handle on how to deal with snow in the UK.  I know some of you have much worse snow than us and still manage to get around on the roads or public transport; we just don't have enough experience I suppose to cope with the excessive fall we've had in the last couple of years.
Still hearing about snowfall means that I'm starting to feel a bit Christmassy.  I've even bought a few presents!  You never know I might actually be ready by the time it arrives, lol.
My cards are practically all going to be seasonal as I have quite a few to make.  Today's offering comes from a Forever Friends paper and embellishment pack.
These are little chipboard toppers layered on 3 papers from the pack using foam pads for dimension.  I took a 6x6 scalloped blank and added a checked paper layer.  I rounded the corners to keep the look of the blank.  The stars is a 3x5.5 piece added at an angle and the button paper is the same size but I rounded the corners again.
The sentiment is from another set but still Forever Friends.  I thought it balanced the card out nicely.
I wanted some kind of sparkle but wasn't happy with any of the bits I added.  I eventually found this elastic string with stars and beads, which I think matches quite nicely.
What do you think?
Thanks for joining us again.  TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!