Shabby Blogs

Thursday 13 July 2017

Welcome baby

Good morning folks, I hope you are having a good week. Today's card is one I made for some friends who became new parents for the first time a few weeks ago.


I must admit this card did not come easy. I changed it a ridiculous amount of times before settling on this version. But I was happy with it in the end. 


I started with the little bear, that I coloured to look like Winnie the Pooh. He is from the WPlus9 stamp set called, Curious Forest Friends. I stamped him with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and coloured him with Copic markers. The little log he is sat on is also from the same set.


The main sentiment, is from A Verve Stamps set call 100 Hearts. I love this set but have never used this saying, and thought it was lovely for a new baby card.


I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks for the background, in Fossilized Amber, Broken China, Cracked Pistachio, Spiced Marmalade and Vintage Photo. I used a piece of watercolour card, and blended the inks across it.


The Welcome Baby stamp is from an Altenew set called Sentiments and Quotes, and I stamped the baby's name using the Concord and 9th Sophisticated Script set. Then I just added an enamel heart and a couple of puffy stars to finish it off.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!