Shabby Blogs

Thursday 8 February 2018

Happy 50th Birthday

Good morning all, I hope you are having a good week. Today's card is one I made for a lovely friend who turned 50 last month.


This one was my first go with the Concord & 9th Blooms Fill In stamp set, I made the card in December before we last met up so I could give it to her then.


I used Versamark ink for the background and then covered it with Simon Says Stamp Navy Blue Embossing Powder. This gives a beautiful rich and shiny background, which the photos don't really do justice to.


Then I filled in all the flowers using the additional stamps and Altenew Crisp Dye inks. This does take some time and was quite fiddly to begin with, but now I have done a few it gets much easier.


I stamped an extra panel using dark blue ink and then filled in a flower so that I could die cut it, and raise it up on foam tape on the original panel.


Then I used the little fern die to cut lots of white fronds and placed those all around the raised flower. Then I finished it off with a simple sentiment and added it all to a lime green A2 card blank.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!