Good morning all, hope you are well and having a good week. Today's post explains how I went about changing the plastic scrabble tiles to look more like the wooden ones that I originally used.
These are how the tiles started out ,
I gave them a good sand over with a rough nail file, keeping the grain going one direction on the tile surface. You do have to be careful not to file the letter and number off, but just to rough up the plastic a bit.
Then after a few failed experiments lol, I found that Gathered Twigs Distress Ink, was the best thing to colour them with.
I wore gloves as they are quite fiddly and your hands do end up in a mess lol. But this is what they looked like afterwards.
To show you the comparison, the letter R is from the original wooden tiles and the S is one I have altered. They don't look exactly the same but I don't think they are a bad copy of the wood effect.
Once I had them all done, I used them to create another name frame for a friend.
That's all from me today. Hope to see you again soon.