Shabby Blogs

Friday 9 May 2014

Sepia colouring

Good morning all, hope you are well. I've been a bit under the weather the last few days with a cough and sore throat, so hoping I'm starting to pick up now. :o)

For today's card I have had a first attempt at sepia colouring. I followed the instructions on the Spectrum Noir website and this is what I came up with.

The image is Honey by Saturated Canary. I used my Spectrum's to colour her with and then cut her out with Labels 29


I think she's probably a bit rich for a true sepia colouring but I don't think she turned out too badly for a first attempt. So I made her into a card.


I used a 6x6 card blank and some paper from a vintage pad, matted with dark brown Coredinations card.

I used some dark cream lace across the card and then added the Love die cut to the top.


I fashioned the big flower from some ready made petals and added the brad to the middle.


Then I inked up some cream roses and added theses to the bottom with a couple of fern leaves. I found that Gathered Twigs Distress Ink is pretty good for ageing things slightly.


I finished the card with a little envelope charm hung from the flower.


Hope you like it. Take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!