Shabby Blogs

Sunday 27 April 2014

Lost photos

Good morning all, hope you are having a lovely weekend. Today's post is a little bit different for me. It's a scrapbook page that I have framed. 

There aren't many photo's of me as a baby as my parents had a bad house fire when we were young, and a lot of treasured memories were lost. But after Dad passed this year, my uncle was looking through some old photo's and came across some which originally came from my Gran. 

Lurking in the depths of them, were a few of me when I was about 6 months old, at the seaside with Mum, Dad and Jude.

These are very special to me so I wanted to use them to make something to keep. I was just going to frame them but then Jude suggested a scrapbook page. So I decided to do both lol.


Needless to say a few tears have been shed over the one with Dad, but I love it anyway. 


Not sure exactly where we were on holiday, but it was probably either Bridlington or Scarborough. So I have used a piece of an old road atlas to show that piece of coastline. 


I kept with Tealy blue for the main bits so that it can either go in the living room or bedroom. 


I found this little sentiment in a box of shapes and loved the saying.


Hope you like it.


See you soon, take care.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!