Shabby Blogs

Monday 7 April 2014

Grandma

Good morning all, Monday again so soon! Oh well I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. 

Today's card is one I made for a friend at work. She wanted something for her grandma so this is what I came up with.


There's quite a bit going on with this one lol. I started with the window! which was cut with a Britannia die, and then looked for an image to go behind it. This one is from a Lili of the Valley artpad. 


I chose the papers and card from the stash to co-ordinate and matted and layered them on to a 6x6 card blank.


The spray of flowers are made up with rolled roses from a Marianne die and ready made flowers. Then I added a fern die cut and some twirly bits. 


The butterfly and tree dies are freebies from craft magazines I think


and the little bird is another Marianne die. 


I inked all the edges and stamped the grandma using Dusty Concord distress ink, and then finished the card with the Lili of the Valley sentiment and loads of purple jewels and pearls. 


I thought a special card deserved a special box too so I covered a ready made box with some paper and then stencilled a couple of ferns on to it using more Dusty Concord.

I added a couple of white rectangles for a Happy Birthday and a message and then finished it with a flower and a purple bow.


Hope you like it, take care, see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!