Shabby Blogs

Friday 11 April 2014

To a special niece

Good morning all, so glad it's Friday. It has been a long week at work this week so glad it's nearly over lol. 

Today's card is one I made for a friend at work. She was looking for an 18th birthday card for her niece but couldn't find one anywhere so she asked me to help. 

I was told nothing too girly, mainly black and white but could use a touch of red. So this is what I came up with. 


I started by embossing some white Centura Pearl card with a Sue Wilson embossing folder. I then cut this to fit an A5 card front and matted it with black card. 


The fancy label is cut with Spellbinders Timeless Rectangle die and the main sentiment was printed from the computer.  


I used a number die for the 18th and then used a new Memory Box die called Precious Hearts for the splash of red. 


Then I set to work with the gems! And used black and crystal gems on each of the joins. This took some time lol. 


I nearly left it there but decided to add the red braid at the end to finish it off. 


Hope you like it. See you soon. Take care. 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!