Shabby Blogs

Sunday 4 January 2015

Let your dreams take flight

Good morning all, hope you are having a good weekend. Well for me today is the last day of my Christmas break before going back to work tomorrow, so I intend to do as little as possible. Jude says I shouldn't be moaning as it's my short week at work anyway, but if your like me, when you've had some time off you really don't want to go back lol. 

Anyway, today's card is made with a new stamp and die set. I got the stamps with a magazine subscription that Jude got me for Christmas, and then the matching die came with this month's Simply Cards and Papercraft mag. 

I took inspiration from the mag and made the feather die-cuts in to a wreath shape. 


I used 6 to go around a Spellbinders Circle die cut, just overlapping them along the way. Then I stamped one of the sentiments from the same set in the centre.


I used another 2 die cut feathers one in white Centura Pearl card and one in black gloss card for the bottom of the card. 


The background is made by by stamping the feathers on to white card with Versamark ink and then heat embossing with Seafoam White embossing powder. 


Then I ran the piece of card through a Sue Wilson Heart Lattice embossing folder.


Then I used London Fog Memento ink to stamp the feather a few more times in the grey colour. 


I finished the card off with some gathered ribbon across the centre, a couple of small black spotty bows and some little grey and black flowers. 

Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!