Shabby Blogs

Saturday 31 January 2015

Have a hoot on your birthday

Good morning all, hope you are well. Today's card was inspired by one that the lovely Liz McGuire made over on Buttons for Brains. 

I needed a quick birthday card so I went with a version of Liz's card, however hers is much cuter than mine. My owl looks a little sinister or butch lol. 



He's from a stamp set that came with a stamping mag last year. I haven't used him before but once I'd done him I wished I'd picked one a bit cuter lol. 


I coloured him with Copics and then cut the image out with a Spellbinders circle die. 


The leaves are cut with the Sue Wilson Leaves die, and the sentiment stamp is from a Woodware stamp set. 


I stamped him again on the inside and this time he doesn't look as menacing lol. 


I used a dark red card for the matting and layering and a 6 x 6 card blank.


I didn't end up sending the card in the end, couldn't quite bring myself to give someone the butch owl!


Anyway, hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!