Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Altered Box

Good morning. Hope everyone is having a good week. I have been having a good old crafty time the last few days, making Christmas cards and birthday cards and finishing off a couple of projects I had on the go. One of the projects is the title of today's post.

 

We all have a few bits and pieces lying around that are just a bit boring or have seen better days, and this was one of them. A plain note pad holder that had sat at the side of Jude's telephone for years. When she moved in here it was just sat on the desk waiting for something to be done with it. So I eventually got my sticky mitts on it and gave it a new lease of life.

 
It was really simple. A couple of coats of off-white acrylic, followed by a coat of Gloss Medium to seal it.


Then I added ribbon and trim to the bottom and adhesive lace trim and pom-pom trim to the top.
 

I decorated the sides with chipboard stickers from the Hampstead collection and then added some melt art flowers that I had made to finish it off.

 

What do you think? Hope you like it.


See you soon. 
 
xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!