Shabby Blogs

Sunday 1 September 2013

Handles...

Good morning folks, wow these Sundays come around quickly don't they? lol. Hope you are all enjoying your weekend and making the most of the last few warm days before the autumn starts rolling in.
 
Today's post is about handles, yes I did say handles lol. My daughter has been giving me a few projects lately, it started with some words for her living room, then on to picture frames and now handles from her wardrobes. I have started the word make-over and I have finally finished all of the picture frames (but as usual I forgot to take photos before I gave them back!!!) so I will update on those at a later time. But today I have finally finished the handles ;o))
 
 
They started with a mixture of brass ones from the wardrobes, and silver ones from a chest of drawers. She has just decorated her room and has given the wardrobes and drawers a nice new coat of white paint but wanted a bit of colour on the handles.
 
 
I gave them all a few coats of white lacquer and then found out little bits and pieces from the craft stash to decorate them. I must admit I love the butterflies.
 
 
The smaller handles have been decorated with Washi Tape cut in to shapes with small punches.
 
 
To finish they have all had a couple of coats of clear 3D gloss to make them a little more robust and make sure everything is well stuck down.
 
 
All K asked was for me to make them pretty and to keep in with the teal/blue and silver theme so this is what she is getting! ha ha. Although I do know she already loves them as she was peeking in my craft room at them the other day lol.
 
 
Anyway that's enough from me today, enjoy the rest of the weekend.
 
See you soon
 
xxx
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!