Shabby Blogs

Saturday 28 September 2013

Heading North to Scotland

Morning all.  We are off on our holibobs today and are very excited.  The cases do contain some crafty items to fill the quiet times, but don't expect there will be too many of them lol.  There are 6 adults and 2 dogs staying in a four bed cottage on the coast below Dumfries in Scotland.  It is right by the beach so may be a bit blowy but I don't think we will mind too much.  Anywhere which is away from work and our usual routine has to be good for us.
 
As I have been in London for work this week I haven't had any crafting time :(  It was made worse by two awful train journeys and a foul up with my hotel booking which saw me staying at Heathrow when I should have been in Kensington!! Still last night I took half an hour and put together a little birthday card.  Back to one for the girlies :)
 
This is a 5x7 card blank inked with tattered rose DI and matted with a pink shimmery paper and a polka dot.  I also inked the edge of the spotty paper but it doesn't show too well on the photo.
 I think you can see it a little better in this one.
The sentiment is from a freebie set received with one of our crafty magazines. 
The dress form is from a set of Kanban toppers I bought ages ago, as are the little roses.  The topper was raised on foam pads to give a little dimension to the card.
Down the left hand side I stuck two pieces of redline.  On this I added a pink ribbon and some lace, lightly coloured with the tattered rose.
 
That's all I have for you today as I have to go finish my packing before we set off. We will be back to share some of our holiday photos over the next few days but until then take care.
TTFN Jude xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!