Shabby Blogs

Monday 31 March 2014

Happy birthday Joe

Morning all.  Can you believe it's the end of March already?  I can't believe that today my baby boy is 20!!
 If I'd known then what I know now, life may have been very different.

Joe contracted meningococcal septicaemia aged 13 months, and for a while we believed we may lose him.  Fortunately he pulled through but the resulting brain damage left him with profound and multiple learning difficulties, epilepsy and cerebral palsy.  It has been a hard road for us all but now he is an independent young man, with lots of devoted carers, an active social life and is surrounded by people who adore him.  What more could I ask?

I wanted a special card for him and whilst browsing Pinterest (as usual) I found just the perfect verse (bar a few words I altered, lol), so I made this the focal point of my card.


I used some ready made tagged letters to spell out his name, then added 3 layered red hearts for some colour and dimension.


The verse was typed up and printed using my computer, then I layered it very simply on black and white card.


I love it and hope you do too.  TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!