Happy Sunday folks! Hope you are having a fabulous and crafty weekend.
I've been playing with Distress inks, markers, stains and glitter (!) this week. I've tried a couple of techniques I saw on Tim Holtz blog and had a go. They didn't turn out how I envisioned but I made this tag anyway. What do you think?
The background is made by adding several inks and stains to a craft sheet, spraying with water and then dragging the tag through the colours. (I used Ripe Persimmon, Peacock Feathers and Frayed Burlap) Over the top I inked through a floral stencil with Dried Marigold, then clear embossed over the top!
Once the background was completely dry (I left mine a couple of days!) I stamped a background image of flowers and grasses. I also coloured a few hearts with glossy accents and distress glitter straight on the card. I used the same technique on the bird, which was cut from Tim's birdcage die set.
The letters are cut with an Xcut alphabet die I bought at the new Range store on Friday. I like this size.
The tag is not what I had in my mind but it let me experiment with different techniques. I won't use them all again on the same piece, but it was a good learning experience.
TTFN Jude xx