Shabby Blogs

Sunday 9 March 2014

Tag

Happy Sunday folks!  Hope you are having a fabulous and crafty weekend.

I've been playing with Distress inks, markers, stains  and glitter (!) this week.  I've tried a couple of techniques I saw on Tim Holtz blog and had a go.  They didn't turn out how I envisioned but I made this tag anyway.  What do you think?


The background is made by adding several inks and stains to a craft sheet, spraying with water and then dragging the tag  through the colours. (I used Ripe Persimmon, Peacock Feathers and Frayed Burlap)  Over the top I inked through a floral stencil with Dried Marigold, then clear embossed over the top!


Once the background was completely dry (I left mine a couple of days!) I stamped a background image of flowers and grasses.  I also coloured a few hearts with glossy accents and distress glitter straight on the card.  I used the same technique on the bird, which was cut from Tim's birdcage die set.


The letters are cut with an Xcut alphabet die I bought at the new Range store on Friday.  I like this size.

The tag is not what I had in my mind but it let me experiment with different techniques.  I won't use them all again on the same piece, but it was a good learning experience.

TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!