Shabby Blogs

Sunday 7 June 2015

Two for one

I wanted to show you how the same elements can make very different cards. These cards are both made with one piece of paper and a sentiment stamp.  I also used the same stamping technique on each. 

I found this first design on K and R designs blog (http://www.kandrdesigns.blogspot.co.uk)

Take piece of spotty paper and just join up the dots to create a pattern.  Once you are happy with your design cut off about a third.


Stamp a sentiment on plain white card and fix it to your card blank.  Fit the patterned paper either side to fill the blank and trim off the excess.


I used a pencil with a rubber on the end to add dots to the sentiment strip in inks that match the Copic colours used for the pattern.


For the second card I used the giraffe from my card on Friday and added a sentiment above it.  I then used the pencil rubber and inks to stamp coloured dots all over the paper.


I cut off the sentiment strip and added both pieces to a pink card remnant.


To me it looks like the giraffe is thinking, so this sentiment matched perfectly.


So there you have two different cards using the same techniques.  Hope you like them.

TTFN Jude xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!